Premed 101 Forums

Schedule?

the same question was asked a few months ago....It should probably be on the next page :) someone offered a link but I cant find it in my book marks but from what I recall there is 2-3 lectures a week and a few PBL tutorials and anatomy labs? Its not structured the way other schools are.

Edit: found the link http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58169&highlight=zahra

the same question was asked a few months ago....It should probably be on the next page :) someone offered a link but I cant find it in my book marks but from what I recall there is 2-3 lectures a week and a few PBL tutorials and anatomy labs? Its not structured the way other schools are.

This was the best I could find:

Average week isn't too bad in terms of official class time. Lectures are usually Monday and Friday and start around 830. These vary in length but may end at noon or slightly before. Tutorial is twice a week and is generally considered a time to review the material that you have already read about outside of class. You discuss the material for 3 hours per tutorial and its generally used just to clarify concepts and ensure everything was appropriately covered. Anatomy is a little light, but a number of tutorial groups schedule unofficial anatomy sessions with the professors in the lab. Officially there is an anatomy and clinical skills session every 3 weeks which lasts for around 3-4 hours I believe. Every week you'll have a Professional Competency which is a blend of lecture/small group time and lasts for 3 hours. Additionally you will have clinical skills once a week for 3 hours. Outside of this I find the majority of people set up time for electives in certain specialties. Overall the schedule is very manageable during pre-clerkship.

But I would really like an official link similar to the UofT schedule I found.

Edit: found the link http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58169&highlight=zahra

oh haha I was just reading the thread in your edit :P

Archived