Premed 101 Forums

need some help, what are my chances?

hey guys,

i must first say i've never thought of the U.S as an option until now. as a result i'm new to this part of the forum. i've seen similar threads where people have asked what their chances are. now i don't know which school i should apply to but first i was wondering if someone could guide me by evaluating my chances at a U.S school. i've only applied to McGill in the past. any help would sincerely be appreciated. i apologize in advance for my ignorance. i'll try to better educate myself in regards to the U.S.

my stats are as follows:

I've completed 2 undergrads.

first one cGPA: 3.6

second one cGPA: 3.94

my first undergrad was 90 credits completed over a span of 3 years, whereas my second one required 60 credits over a span of 2 years.

MCAT: 11/10/8 R (PS/BS/VR/WS)

Hey,

I applied this year and had a MCAT some what similar to you. To be honest, if you are looking at american MD schools, you WILL need to re-write that mcat, a 29 with a 8 verbal will not be helpful in getting into US MD schools. If your not planning on re-writing the mcat, then look into the US DO route. Do a search, look on the SDN forums as well.

Good luck.

you should be aiming for 31 or more and for you to have a good chance a verbal of 10 (a 9 is ok-ish i guess depending on the rest of your application)

Just remember, the whole process is a big lottery, all you can do is get yours gpa/mcat as high as you can and appply as early/widely as you can. The timing of your mcat has to be right inorder for u to apply early.

Archived