Premed 101 Forums

Commuting from Toronto to McMaster?

I commuted from home to Hamilton one summer when I did summer research. It was quite a pain commuting everyday. I drove to Bramalea Go station (20 mins) then took the Go bus to Hamilton (1 hour). If you are going from Union then it'll be about 50 mins bus, plus however long it takes to get to the station.

I was doing just a full-time job, and commuting which ate a huge chunk of my day. I can't imagine doing it while in school, let alone medical school. Save yourself the hassle and find a place in Hamilton. Especially for when you have to go work in the hospital really early, you'd have to wake up a good hour and a half earlier than if you lived close by. You also take away from study time too, you can make the argument that you will study on the bus. You can do it, but its not that comfortable.

Can I add to this question?

I am wondering about commuting from Mississauga to Hamilton.

Is this common and reasonable?

My thinking is that I don't want to make a major move just to cut down a half hour commute. (It is a half hour, right?)

I commuted to Hamilton on the day of my interview from North York and had no issues at all. Just make sure you give yourself enough time to find parking/unlucky traffic, etc.

Depends on whether you're driving or taking the GO Bus. If it's the latter, the bus ride is 40-50 minutes + the time it takes for you to reach Square One from where you live. If you're driving- it's dependent on traffic times (but I would allot 40 minutes at the least).

I've commuted from Mississauga to Mac during my first year of undergrad, and during a summer for work, and found that commuting wasn't for me. It really depends on you though- do you value the comforts of home over sleeping in etc.?

Can I add to this question?

I am wondering about commuting from Mississauga to Hamilton.

Is this common and reasonable?

My thinking is that I don't want to make a major move just to cut down a half hour commute. (It is a half hour, right?)

Archived