Premed 101 Forums

question about admission

Hello, next year I'm going to college for pre-health sciences, my ultimate goal is to get into McMasters medical program. I'm wondering what kind of courses I should take after college for that, and I've read that it requires a 3-year bachelors degree, I'm wondering what course I should take at McMaster to open up for that, I was thinking of their Bachelor of Health Sciences course, what are your suggestions?

If your end goal is McMaster's MD program, keep in mind that their admissions criteria don't put any weight into what program/courses you take in university.

If you're headed to college next year, then you need to transfer into a university program afterwards. The Mac BHSc program only looks at high school marks for admission, so your college marks won't play a factor into applying for HealthSci. I know a couple of former nursing students in medical school right now that did their BScN at McMaster/Mohawk. Since their grades would be viewable on a university transcript, they were able to apply broadly for admission into medical school.

Perhaps you can transfer into an undergraduate nursing program after your pre-Health Sciences diploma, perform academically well, write the MCAT and then apply to medical school.

Hello, next year I'm going to college for pre-health sciences, my ultimate goal is to get into McMasters medical program. I'm wondering what kind of courses I should take after college for that, and I've read that it requires a 3-year bachelors degree, I'm wondering what course I should take at McMaster to open up for that, I was thinking of their Bachelor of Health Sciences course, what are your suggestions?

The Bachelor of Health Sciences program is really hard to get into. You need a 90 average and a really strong supplementary application (3 questions you need to fill out by a certain deadline). Someone in the program told me there's something like 3000 applications for 160 seats. Also, since you're planning on college first, call the BHSC office and ask them about the requirements. I'm not sure if they even accept college students.

I know that certain schools like Fanshawe have a direct entry route to a BScN program if you do well in pre-Health Sciences. Nevertheless, every college has different requirements to transfer into Nursing.

I don't have really good grades at the moment, but after I go through pre-health sciences will I have a good shot at acceptance in Mac's nursing program?

Also, don't feel bad or worry about your high school grades. They aren't important at all when applying to medical school. Just do well in college/university.

I don't have really good grades at the moment, but after I go through pre-health sciences will I have a good shot at acceptance in Mac's nursing program?

Archived