Premed 101 Forums

Critique my School List

Here are the list of schools I plan on applying to, do you think I should add/remove any?

My GPA is 3.87 and my MCAT score is 39S(14/12/S/13). MY ECs are probably a bit below average to average. This list is in addition to 6 or so Canadian schools (I would rather go to a Canadian school, however if I do not get accepted in Canada I would attend one of these).

Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Boston University School of Medicine

Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth

George Washington University Sch of Med & Hlth Sci

Medical College of Wisconsin

New York University

University of Connecticut School of Medicine

Vanderbilt University School of Medicine

Washington University School of Medicine

Wayne State University School of Medicine

Yale University School of Medicine

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up a dead thread - but I just didn't want to make a whole new thread for this.

My stats are 4.0/36Q (14/9/13) - 9 being verbal - starting 4th year in the fall.

My ECs are nothing extraordinary - research (1 mid-author publication submitted, poster @ undergrad summer research program, a couple mid-author abstracts), volunteering (tutoring for ESL kids and kindergarten teacher at sunday school), and school club (undergraduate publication).

I will be applying to American schools this summer along with Canadian schools in the fall and am looking for some advice for choosing schools.

As much as I would love to attend any medical schools in North America, I would like to aim high for American schools.

Would this be possible with my rather low verbal score? i know it sounds crazy but I would like to try for somewhere like HMS.

If not, what schools would you recommend?

Thank you!

WOW amazing stats

i recommend Canada...the US might be harder to get in..but apply anyways

congrats on the mcats!! those are KILLER #S!! like 95th percentile numbers

you will get attention...the 9 shouldnt be a problem..

like i said can will give u an ok

or do a masters for nxt year

for US add apply BROADLY

i think yo have a 70% chance in the US

Archived