Premed 101 Forums

How did you prep?

markov79

How did you prepare for your test?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How did you prepare for your test?

• Princeton review - I was satisfied
    • Princeton Review - I was dissatisfied
    • Prep101 - Satisfied
    • Prep101 - Dissatisfied
    • Kaplan - Satisfied
    • Kaplan - Dissatisfied
    • S2Ned - Satisfied
    • S2Ned - Dissatisfied
    • Self/Own Schedule (school courses, old prep books, aamc tests, etc) - Satisfied
    • Self/Own Schedule - Dissatisfied

Heyo,

EDIT: i guess the best way to do this poll, given the inherent errors by me (see below), would be to just evaluate your latest prep method. i chose it to be more of an arbitrary equalizer than anything... ie no reason why i chose that over "best experience", "first writing", or whatever. i think it might give a better picture than if everyone chose their "best experience" (which would be biased as it wouldn't tell people what to avoid). conversely, having voters select their "worst" experience would seem to put the methods worthy of recognition at a disadvantage. i recognize that having people talk about their first experience would be similar in level of bias avoidance (at least i think). however, at the time of making this edit, there have only been 11 votes, so i'm not sure this will matter all that much, anyway.

also, wrt below, i guess if you used EK without a class, vote for that, and it'd be appreciated if you were willing to leave a comment saying that you took EK with no class, etc, such that i can keep track of those and edit accordingly. i could leave a tally indicating how many have taken EK, and thereby also indicate how many votes should be subtracted from the "self/own" category. at the same time, as i say below, i don't really want to get into anyone really getting up in arms because someone did a certain method that another person deems "stupid" or whatevs, lol. i guess ihaven't seen too many harshly negative review of EK, though, so maybe that would be okay? who knows.

thought i'd try to get a sense of what the pm101 community used, for the future reference of test takers. i tried to get a fair representation of what we usually see getting discussed on here. i guess, if i left out your option, a) sorry, B) feel free to enter your specifics as a comment and what not. i think leaving comments would be a particularly good exercise for the "self" option, since it's kind of a "left overs" option to begin with.

at the same time, i wanted to make this anonymous so there wasn't any pointless beefing. so, if you don't want to leave a comment, it's obviously your call. HOWEVER, if i may contradict myself, discussion is always healthy, so leaving comments could result in more shared information for others...?

edit: lol at s2ned typo

No EK?

10char

ahhh crap. i had them in mind when i entered prep101 as an option, 'cause i thought p101 used them? but hm... i suppose they are separate. not sure how to give them fair representation now, lol. maybe they could go under "self"? but they're probably big enough to warrant their own category, and there'd be no way of knowing how many from the self category used them. any suggestions?

ahhh crap. i had them in mind when i entered prep101 as an option, 'cause i thought p101 used them? but hm... i suppose they are separate. not sure how to give them fair representation now, lol. maybe they could go under "self"? but they're probably big enough to warrant their own category, and there'd be no way of knowing how many from the self category used them. any suggestions?

Hmm I'm not quite sure how to factor that in. Possibly there is an edit poll option ? Otherwise, those who did EK might see that EK is not an option like I did, and just write it down in the comments below :)

Hmmm...I can't input 2 options? (TPR first and then self-study the 2nd time around)

lol poll fail. yeah, that was a foolish mistake. maybe from now on (if there are any more voters) people could vote for one, leave a comment regarding the other(s) that they tried. i could keep track of those comments and edit the original post accordingly, in bold, to add results. that might, however, mess up the results if people don't post. and people who do might take some flak for their opinions. darn, i was shooting for a totally reliable/valid poll, with a solid sample size and proper protocol, etc :P . but seriously, that was a silly move that might mess it up a bit.

i would just make another poll -- this time with suggestions -- but i feel like that'd be annoying to see, lol.

Archived