Premed 101 Forums

LORs and transcripts!

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering whether the LORs and transcripts need to be sent in with the primary applications or can they be delayed (assuming the latest will be with the secondaries since they will not review the applications until everything is complete)?

Please don't kill me if this has been asked before. I searched the thread, but could not find it!

Hey I have a similar question. I know that the transcripts are required for verification BUT what if you submit today and your transcripts still have not arrived?? Will your submission be equivalent to the date on which your transcripts do arrive?

I mean, I know the earlier you submit the shorter the verification process. But say your transcripts arrive a week later, EVEN if you submitted today. Does that mean my verification process would take longer?

Hey I have a similar question. I know that the transcripts are required for verification BUT what if you submit today and your transcripts still have not arrived?? Will your submission be equivalent to the date on which your transcripts do arrive?

I mean, I know the earlier you submit the shorter the verification process. But say your transcripts arrive a week later, EVEN if you submitted today. Does that mean my verification process would take longer?

They cannot verify your application until everything is received so yes, your submission is equivalent to the date your transcript arrives (assuming everything else such as ref letters are in). If things are the same as last year, you want to submit early so that your application can be verified by the first date applications are sent to the schools (which is like June 15th or something). However, keep in mind that you're still in good shape (early) if you are verified by mid-July.

They cannot verify your application until everything is received so yes, your submission is equivalent to the date your transcript arrives (assuming everything else such as ref letters are in). If things are the same as last year, you want to submit early so that your application can be verified by the first date applications are sent to the schools (which is like June 15th or something). However, keep in mind that you're still in good shape (early) if you are verified by mid-July.

On the AMCAS website, under the heading "Important Dates" it says

June 29

First data transmission to medical schools

This is the date you are talking about right? So prior to this point, its all just verification. Oh man, I hope I get verified by this time (fingers crossed)!

On the AMCAS website, under the heading "Important Dates" it says

June 29

First data transmission to medical schools

This is the date you are talking about right? So prior to this point, its all just verification. Oh man, I hope I get verified by this time (fingers crossed)!

Yep, that's it. Don't worry too much about the actual date. July and August is still fairly early. You can also look on SDN for secondary questions and start working on those so as soon as you get the secondaries, they are ready to go. Most secondaries don't change from year to year. Turn-around time should be about 1-2 weeks. Anything longer may negatively impact their decision.

sorry to ask again, but can you get the lors at the same time as you send in the secondaries or are they due before that so the schools can decide whether to even let you write the secondaries? so confused....

The schools will send their secondaries after your primary is verified (you don't need LORs at this point). You can get your LORs along with your secondaries at the same time. After everything is in, then your application will be marked complete.

Archived