Premed 101 Forums

Not Yet Verified?!?!?

Dear Pre-Med,

Just a quick question, I don't know why, but my App has not been verified yet. On the AMCAS website, it says that the Application is Ready for Review. Everything is in and has been for 3 weeks (LoRs, Transcripts etc.).

The funny thing however is that this morning I got an email from one of the schools I applied to, giving me my login credentials for submitting the secondary App.

I checked AMCAS right after and it still says "Ready for Review".

I'm confused, does this mean that AMCAS sends your info to schools before you even get verified?

OR

Does it mean that I was verified in time, AMCAS sent the info to medical schools on the 29th, but the AMCAS website has just not been updated yet.

Any info would be very helpful.

Some of the schools that don't screen for secondaries don't require you to be verified. AMCAS lets them know you're interested in their school, and since they require a secondary from all students (regardless of what's on their application), that school will send you access. Some schools require the full verified application before you do the secondary, so for those you will have to wait.

I'm in the same boat as you - submitted on the 19th and still waiting to be verified. I'd imagine I'll be waiting for another week or so. I still don't have any secondaries though.

If you submitted 3 weeks ago, you shouldn't have too much longer to go.

not yet verified (bit of a hold up because of a transcript issue) but received my secondary from Boston, and an email from Tufts that they weren't sending them out til July 23... even though I worked like crazy to get my primary in, I feel like I'm so far behind (it went in June 27)..

Hey sorry about the late reply.

The school was Minnesota, and after selecting a campus they told me to wait until I was verified before I could begin the secondary.

However, I got verified this morning and since then I've had two more schools contact me regarding secondary apps.

I suppose it has begun.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys I'm on the same boat as you guys waiting for verification...

although I haven't received any 2ndaries yet.

OXdzeP

NgDPj0

lgUx

khb008, if you don't mind, could you tell me which school you received your secondary from prior to the verification???

I got secondaries before verification from half of my schools: Yale, WashU, Boston, Dartmouth, and GWU.

Archived