Premed 101 Forums

Another Chances/School List

cGPA: 3.72 sGPA: 3.68

MCAT: 39S

EC: 400 hours volunteering (half clinical, half not), 500 hours research (one publication for sure, potentially two more), 50 hours shadowing (internal medicine and psych)

Here's my latest list:

Baylor

Boston U

Case Western Reserve

Columbia U

Duke

Emory

George Washington U

Northwestern

Penn State

Stanford

UCLA

UCSF

Vanderbilt

Washington St Louis

Cornell

Yale

I'm guessing my list is a little top-heavy, but I also plan to apply to nearly every medical school in Canada (barring Memorial) as well.

Is my US MD school list decent? Are there any glaring Canadian-friendly schools I missed with my stats?

Your list is pretty solid with your credentials. I would, however, remove UCLA and UCSF from the list. Both are VERY anti-non-Californian (let along Canadians) because they are State schools. Also, as I said in a separate thread, unless you have connection (did undergrad there, did research there...dual citizen and in-state for NYC) with P&S (Columbia) and Weill Cornell, it's unlikely that you will be accepted

As far as schools to add, give Mount Sinai, Mayo, and Harvard a try. :) Also, for safeties, maybe add St. Louis University and SUNY Upstate.

Best of luck and I wish you all the best in the upcoming cycle. You should be able to get invites from many respectable schools with your research/academic credentials. Best of luck!

Thank you very much for replying to my thread!

I thought I already had enough reach schools on my list but you're telling me to add more :P

Harvard will likely reject me off-hand for a few reasons. The first being that I'll only have 3 non-Science courses on my transcript by the time I graduate, and the second being the lack of references I mentioned in your thread.

I'll definitely look into St. Louis and SUNY upstate, though.

• 4 weeks later...
cGPA: 3.72 sGPA: 3.68

MCAT: 39S

EC: 400 hours volunteering (half clinical, half not), 500 hours research (one publication for sure, potentially two more), 50 hours shadowing (internal medicine and psych)

Here's my latest list:

Baylor

Boston U

Case Western Reserve

Columbia U

Duke

Emory

George Washington U

Northwestern

Penn State

Stanford

UCLA

UCSF

Vanderbilt

Washington St Louis

Cornell

Yale

I'm guessing my list is a little top-heavy, but I also plan to apply to nearly every medical school in Canada (barring Memorial) as well.

Is my US MD school list decent? Are there any glaring Canadian-friendly schools I missed with my stats?

No chance at Baylor, I think it was something like 0.02% acceptance rate if your not in their premed program.

Archived