Premed 101 Forums

help pls?

hello,

I am very new to this process and very late. I have recently moved to canada so applying to canadian med schools wasn't an option and now I must quickly familiarize myself with everything. if anyone could help me with a couple of questions i have I would greatly appreciate it. I know my chances are very slim considering I'm a non-resident. I've been reading kaylee's posts as well as other hopefuls, and just wanted to say thanks cause they helped answer alot of questions i had to ask as well.

1)The deadline to complete omsas is OCT 1st, so is that also when all of the transcripts, LORs, etc are due?

2)The MMI is only given if you are invited for an interview, right?

3)when is the last day you can take the mcat for this application cycle?

ps: here's my msn add if anyone would care to add me, pls: marblecomposition@hotmail.com

hello,

I am very new to this process and very late. I have recently moved to canada so applying to canadian med schools wasn't an option and now I must quickly familiarize myself with everything. if anyone could help me with a couple of questions i have I would greatly appreciate it. I know my chances are very slim considering I'm a non-resident. I've been reading kaylee's posts as well as other hopefuls, and just wanted to say thanks cause they helped answer alot of questions i had to ask as well.

1)The deadline to complete omsas is OCT 1st, so is that also when all of the transcripts, LORs, etc are due?

2)The MMI is only given if you are invited for an interview, right?

3)when is the last day you can take the mcat for this application cycle?

ps: here's my msn add if anyone would care to add me, pls: marblecomposition@hotmail.com

1. http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/omsas-dates/

2. Yes

3. "All applicants to the MD Program are required to write the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) prior to the application deadline date and must release their scores to OMSAS by October 11, 2012"

So the last MCAT date to write is Sept 11 (not 100% sure though, might want to double check with the school)

Good luck.

One more thing you may want to consider is getting your undergraduate marks evaluated by the WES.

Also, make sure you look into the non-resident tuition - currently Macs is about $100,000 PER year and I've heard that non-residents have had a very hard time qualifying for a high enough Line of Credit (if you are independently wealthy, obviously its not a problem).

Archived