Premed 101 Forums

July 14 VR Section

AmandaH

Did anyone else write the MCAT on July 14? I just got my VR mark back and while I consistently scored 12+ on practice, came out with a 10. Not an awful score, but a big surprise.

As I was writing the test, I couldn't help but think that it was much much worse than the AAMC practice tests that I had done (I did them all). Is this to be expected? I assumed the AAMC tests were a fairly good test of skills...

Am I alone here? :confused:

Did anyone else write the MCAT on July 14? I just got my VR mark back and while I consistently scored 12+ on practice, came out with a 10. Not an awful score, but a big surprise.

As I was writing the test, I couldn't help but think that it was much much worse than the AAMC practice tests that I had done (I did them all). Is this to be expected? I assumed the AAMC tests were a fairly good test of skills...

Sometimes you get blindsided by a passage that you didn't expect. The exam has also gotten harder since the latest AAMC practice test as a result of scaled scoring. Nerves could also hit you. The difference may have been as small as two questions - that's within normal environmental-based deviations...

Sorry bud.

I wrote the July 14 MCAT. I was consistently scoring 10/11 on the practice, and ended up with an 11 on the real thing. Honestly, I was expecting/hoping for an even higher score, just because I felt really good and confident with it on test day - but I am definitely happy with what I got!

You probably psyched yourself, since you say you were thinking about how hard it was while you were writing it. Thinking about how hard it is makes it even harder (though its hard not to think it).

I also wrote on the 14th. I can't believe that my VR is even worse than what I was getting on the practice tests, which were dismal to start with. I don't know what to do anymore...rewrote MCAT to improve Verbal and it just doesn't seem to go anywhere...

------

Edit: Oops I accidentally double posted the same post twice...

Archived