Premed 101 Forums

withdraw application or not?

Hi everyone,

I just got my MCAT scores today and I am not very happy with them (11PS/7VR/11BS, 29S) and I have an AMCAS GPA of 3.77 and mediocre ECs. I had already submitted my primary and applied to only three schools (wayne state, michigan state and Rosalind Franklin). I have been verified and recieved the secondaries for michigan and rosalind franklin today morning. Considering my bad MCAT scores for a Canadian applicant, I am thinking of withdrawing the application. I don't think a retake will help either since by the time the results will come out, it will be quite late in the application cycle. I am very confused and not sure what to do.

Any sincere suggesstions will be appreciated.

P.S. I submitted my DO application on Aug 3 and it is still on its way to be verified.

Hi everyone,

I just got my MCAT scores today and I am not very happy with them (11PS/7VR/11BS, 29S) and I have an AMCAS GPA of 3.77 and mediocre ECs. I had already submitted my primary and applied to only three schools (wayne state, michigan state and Rosalind Franklin). I have been verified and recieved the secondaries for michigan and rosalind franklin today morning. Considering my bad MCAT scores for a Canadian applicant, I am thinking of withdrawing the application. I don't think a retake will help either since by the time the results will come out, it will be quite late in the application cycle. I am very confused and not sure what to do.

Any sincere suggesstions will be appreciated.

P.S. I submitted my DO application on Aug 3 and it is still on its way to be verified.

Pretty simple and straight forward actually. Apply to a bunch of DO schools, get accepted, begin your career as a doctor come August of 2013. Add in a few MD schools for shiz and giggles.

Archived