Premed 101 Forums

No References, Submitting Application

Hey Everyone,

I have started an application for AMCAS, but have yet to submit it, even though I have already sent my transcripts. From my understanding, the verification process takes six weeks. The issue I have is that I still need to ask for references which realistically will not be submitted until the middle of September. Should I submit my application any way just to get the verification process started, and submit references later (my mcat score will not be released until October 1st and this is my first time writing). My main objective is to reduce the amount of delay as much as possible, given that I am applying particularly late.

I also just have a question in regards to my chances at low tier schools given that my application will be extremely late (October 1st) and I am a Canadian applicant. I am not going to even bother with mid tier or high tier schools. My GPA is sitting at 3.6, and I feel that I will likely end up with a 34 on my MCAT (according to the Princeton review, my score should be pushing 40, but you never know what can happen on exam day). If it is any help, I have extensive research experience with a publication and average extracurricular. Thank you for your input.

Archived