Premed 101 Forums

How to effectively mark verbal

sprinkles

Hi all,

Yes, I know, another verbal post. Bare with me :P

I've been going through the hundreds of verbal threads and finding some of the info a bit useful and trying to adjust my strategy accordingly.

However I realized one thing people don't talk about is how to 'effectively mark' your verbal passages. For me, in order to improve in something, I need to know where I went wrong. I've been trying to 'mark' my passages but I constantly find that I either do NOT get why my answer is wrong (despite the explanation) or it seems like a generic 'because 'probably' is better than 'always' etc' ....but then I find its the opposite in another passage....

so I was wondering if anyone can give tips on how to improve based on the ones you are getting wrong? :/ If this has been discussed please link but I haven't really seen anything of the sort.

thanks!

Do you have TPR MCAT Verbal Reasoning And Writing Review book by chance? They have an online section with 27 passages that come with the book. It tells you what type of question you got wrong (ie Specific Inference: best supported by passage or Complex Weaken: choice undermines passage). Something like this may help you see if there is a certain type of question that you continuously get incorrect.

Hope this helps!

Well, what I found in my VR is that, honestly, when you go over the test afterwards try and figure out what was being tested by the question (i.e. your ability to pick out stuff from text? grasping main idea? applying the main idea? carrying in-sync with author's reasoning?)...

I honestly felt that princeton sets apart waaay too many categories.. I mean, sure, you can have a look @ them; but honestly try to group questions based on how you tackle them and then revise the group that you aren't doing your best at... hope this helps!

Archived