Premed 101 Forums

Quality Mississagua Testing Center?

Patrick1234

Hi

If anyone has written in the Mississauga testing center before (5889 Coopers Ave, 2nd Floor). Would you mind sharing how you thought the center was in terms of lighting, size of computer monitor, and whether or not they restrict your rough paper usuage ie. 2 per secton or something?

The reason I ask is last time I wrote the mcat in another province, the environment was pretty crappy...we got this mini white board which we had to erase and rewrite when it was full, which I wasn't used to, and I think affected my timing. Just wondering what the Mississauga center was like so I can adjust my practice strategy.

Please reply! Thanks

I thought it was a pretty convenient set up. There were rows of computers (3 stations to a row), and each station had three pencils and a scrap paper booklet that had around 4 pages in it. It was well lit, and a comfortable temperature (I felt just a touch chilly wearing a tshirt and gym shorts). The size of the computer seemed to be the standard size that we have in my university computer lab.

When I wrote there last year, I felt suffocated, lol. It was a hot and humid, and the ventilation wasn't turned on until my bio section. The stations were nice, not great, but nothing to complain about. There are much better testing centers out there.

On the whole, I'd give this location a 7/10.

Archived