Premed 101 Forums

Fall 2012 or Winter 2013 Calgary TPR Classroom Prep Courses

phickey

Hello,

I'm looking for some information regarding TPR's prep course for Fall, 2012 to Winter, 2013 in Calgary.

I'm a non-trad applicant and have been preparing loosely for about 6 months now and plan to write my MCAT in spring 2013, applying for the 2014 cycle.

I have found my best option for mcat prep thus far to be self-directed, however I plan to combine this study with a prep course in the months prior to writing the test. After some research, I have decided to take classroom instruction with either TPR or Kaplan (in order of preference). As mentioned above, I am targeting to write the mcat in Apr 2013 and as such I prefer to take a prep course in the winter. What I have found is that TPR is only offering classroom courses for 2013 in the summer (starting May 2013) and that Kaplan offers 3 winter courses, starting December 2012 to January 2013 and finishing up at the beginning of April.

I find it hard to believe that with all the students writing in and around Calgary, that TPR only offers summer courses. I called them to inquire about this, however I was directed to a call center in the US. The girl on the other end of the phone could only read off the screen exactly what I could view online and offerred little help.

Does anyone on this forum know if TPR will be offering a winter course in 2013? Have they typically done this in previous years? Am I looking too early and will they post this info later in the year? Since I have already looked into it, I'm not sure who else I can call - is there a better number to call than the 1-800 one posted on their site?

Clearly, I vastly prefer TPR over Kaplan.

I hope someone out there may have some answers or, at least, is in the same boat.

Many thanks,

Phil

Archived