Premed 101 Forums

Application Due Date

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I sent a polite but "serious business" email to carolyn and the admissions email with a screen shot. I am applying from Ontario as well. Honestly, I think that they will need to extend the deadline again because this is a major issue. It's not as if we are attempting to all submit it at the last minute.

ugh, I was all ready to submit my application before 11pm EST (from Ontario) cause I had a gut feeling something like this would happen. But of course I get distracted last minute and what do you know.. >.>

I'm just glad I'm not the only one experiencing this, I was about to freak out (& wake my parents in the process lol). Hopefully they acknowledge/fix this problem soon, I just want to finish this application so I can take a break before tackling OMSAS.

ugh, I was all ready to submit my application before 11pm EST (from Ontario) cause I had a gut feeling something like this would happen. But of course I get distracted last minute and what do you know.. >.>

I'm just glad I'm not the only one experiencing this, I was about to freak out (& wake my parents in the process lol). Hopefully they acknowledge/fix this problem soon, I just want to finish this application so I can take a break before tackling OMSAS.

I had a strange feeling that something like this would happen too... but I also got distracted :(!

darn my procastination!

Do you think they're closing the office tomorrow on purpose? ekk what happens if we can't get a hold of them?

Glad I have you guys to share this experience with. Saw the greyed out text, freaked out, then decided to check on here. Thank you for making me less nervous you guys and gals!

Since there are a bunch of Dal appliers on right now, I suppose I'll ask one last question.. Does anyone know where I should be putting my publications? I'm at a loss on this one. Awards and accomplishments?

Just sent another e-mail to the admissions folks instead of Carolyn.. Man, I can't believe they closed the office the day admissions close.. That's just crazy!

Oh my goodness. It is such a relief to see that other people are having this problem. I was wondering whether I had somehow hit the 'Finalize & Submit to Admissions' button and was starting to picture my dreams of med school next year being flushed away. I can only imagine that Dal will do something to help us out.

Did any of you guys get the auto-reply emails from any of them?

I just got this...

Thank you for your message. The Admissions & Student Affairs Office will be closed on Friday, September 7th to attend an academic function. We will respond to your email on Monday September 10th.

I think we're in trouble.. :(

Did they actually ever give two contradictory times though? In the e-mail they said 11:59 September 7th, & on the application itself it said 12 midnight ADT September 7th. Midnight usually implies the end of the day, not the beginning. I thought it was quite clear that they meant tomorrow evening. What do you think?

Even the payment deadline is end of July 7th business hour (4PM) so I doubt they mean the start of July 7th. The programmer probably messed up the time. We can't do much about it now so get a good night sleep to deal with whatever they throw at us tomorrow. Good night everyone! (if anyone hears from admissions, please share with the rest of us!)

Well, one can infer they mean 12AM on September 8th since it follows normal convention. yet, it's pretty clear that 11:59PM on September 7th means the Friday.

That makes it contradictory.

Either way, nothing eludes to it being due Thursday midnight/Friday morning, so hopefully they'll fix it for us. It's just unfortunate their office is closed tomorrow.

Even the payment deadline is end of July 7th business hour (4PM) so I doubt they mean the start of July 7th. The programmer probably messed up the time. We can't do much about it now so get a good night sleep to deal with whatever they throw at us tomorrow. Good night everyone! (if anyone hears from admissions, please share with the rest of us!)

Goodnight! Thanks for chatting, this has been helpful.

Archived