Premed 101 Forums

OOP interview invites

Hi just thought I would create a thread for us invited OOP applicants. What are your plans to get there and how long do you guys plan to attend.

Does anyone know how long the interview day is (i.e. what time does it end)? I am looking to book flights.

My interview is on the 24th and I am thinking of flying in on the 23rd and leaving on the 24th but it appears the latest flight that day for the cheapest airlines is around 3-4 pm. I don't know if the interviews will be done by then. I am supposed to check-in at 8:15 am.

Hi just thought I would create a thread for us invited OOP applicants. What are your plans to get there and how long do you guys plan to attend.

Does anyone know how long the interview day is (i.e. what time does it end)? I am looking to book flights.

My interview is on the 24th and I am thinking of flying in on the 23rd and leaving on the 24th but it appears the latest flight that day for the cheapest airlines is around 3-4 pm. I don't know if the interviews will be done by then. I am supposed to check-in at 8:15 am.

If you have an 8:15 check in, you could absolutely make a 3 or 4 pm flight.

Hey guys I am IP NB but I have no idea what info. you have received and I found this schedule for last year..assuming it will be similar. This is for Halifax interview 2011. looks like you would get to do interview tour etc. and still make your flight but you would miss that potluck!

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18th, 2011

6:00 pm - 8:00 pm ASK A MED 1 Q&A with the Med I's in the Tupper lounge located at 5850 College Street. Ask us about life at Dal!*

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19th, 2011

9 am -11 am: Group 1 interviews at Halifax Infirmary (1796 Summer Street)

11:15am - 12:15pm: Group 1 tours of medical school and Dal campus

12:15pm - 12:45 pm: Group 1 lunch in the Tupper Medical Building Cafeteria

12:45-1:45: Group 1 presentation at Tupper Medical Building

12 pm - 2 pm: Group 2 interviews at Halifax Infirmary

2:15pm - 3:15pm: Group 2 tours of medical school and Dal campus

3:15pm - 3:30pm: Group 2 snacks in the Tupper Medical Building Cafeteria

3:30pm - 4:30 pm: Group 2 presentation at Tupper Medical Building

6:00pm: POTLUCK (for students interviewing in Halifax), in Tupper lounge hosted by Med I's including mysterious Dal video clips*

NOTE: If you are interviewing at 9am, please arrive at the Halifax Infirmary at 8:15am. If you are interviewing at 12pm, please arrive at 11:15am.

*Everyone here for an interview, whether it is on Saturday or Sunday, is encouraged to attend the speed-dating and potluck. These are by far your best opportunities to relax and ask us anything you want without being evaluated. We have some serious chefs in our class too. You won't want to miss out on a buffet of delicious eats.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20th, 2011

9 am -11 am: Group 3 interviews at Halifax Infirmary (1796 Summer Street)

11:15am - 12:15pm: Group 3 tours of medical school and Dal campus

12:15pm - 12:45 pm: Group 3 lunch in the Tupper Medical Building Cafeteria

12:45-1:45: Group 3 presentation at Tupper Medical Building

12 pm - 2 pm: Group 4 interviews at Halifax Infirmary

2:15pm - 3:15pm: Group 4 tours of medical school and Dal campus

3:15pm - 3:30pm: Group 4 snacks in the Tupper Medical Building Cafeteria

3:30pm - 4:30 pm: Group 4 presentation at Tupper Medical Building

NOTE: If you are interviewing at 9am, please arrive at the Halifax Infirmary at 8:15am. If you are interviewing at 12pm, please arrive at 11:15am.

Hey guys I am IP NB but I have no idea what info. you have received and I found this schedule for last year..assuming it will be similar. This is for Halifax interview 2011. looks like you would get to do interview tour etc. and still make your flight but you would miss that potluck!

Cool thanks for the info. I hope they update us about the schedule for this year soon. Maybe I will fire off an email to the admin and ask.

Eek, I just booked my flight, no backing out now!

My interview is on the 25th at 8 am, so I booked my flight to leave Vancouver on Friday night and I will arrive at ~6 am on Saturday in Halifax. I booked my return on the Monday because I didn't want to stress about having to leave early on Sunday and miss anything.

Excited to meet you all! :)

Anyone know any hotels close to campus...?

Eek, I just booked my flight, no backing out now!

My interview is on the 25th at 8 am, so I booked my flight to leave Vancouver on Friday night and I will arrive at ~6 am on Saturday in Halifax. I booked my return on the Monday because I didn't want to stress about having to leave early on Sunday and miss anything.

Excited to meet you all! :)

Anyone know any hotels close to campus...?

Atlantica and the Lord Nelson are both pretty close

I get the new reps...sometimes the old ones come up though..and the schedule is always the 2011 one. :confused:

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd, 2012

6:00 pm - 8:00 pm SPEED-DATING in Tupper lounger hosted by Med I’s (5850 College Street)

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 24th, 2012

NOTE: If you are interviewing at 9am, please arrive at the Halifax Infirmary at 8:15am

9 am -11 am Group 1 interviews at Halifax Infirmary (1796 Summer Street)

11:15am - 12:15pm Group 1 tours of medical school and Dal campus

12:15pm - 12:45 pm Group 1 lunch in the Tupper Medical Building Cafeteria

12:45pm-1:45pm Group 1 presentation at Tupper Medical Building

NOTE: If you are interviewing at 12pm, please arrive at the Halifax Infirmary at 11:15am.

12 pm - 2 pm Group 2 interviews at Halifax Infirmary (1796 Summer Street)

2:15pm - 3:15pm Group 2 tours of medical school and Dal campus

3:15pm - 3:30pm Group 2 snacks in the Tupper Medical Building Cafeteria

3:30pm - 4:30 pm Group 2 presentation at Tupper Medical Building

6:00pm – 8:00pm POTLUCK in Tupper lounge hosted by Med I's (5850 College Street).

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 25th, 2012

NOTE: If you are interviewing at 9am, please arrive at the Halifax Infirmary at 8:15am

9 am -11 am Group 3 interviews at Halifax Infirmary (1796 Summer Street)

11:15am - 12:15pm Group 3 tours of medical school and Dal campus

12:15pm - 12:45 pm Group 3 lunch in the Tupper Medical Building Cafeteria

12:45pm-1:45pm Group 3 presentation at Tupper Medical Building

NOTE: If you are interviewing at 12pm, please arrive at the Halifax Infirmary at 11:15am.

12 pm - 2 pm Group 4 interviews at Halifax Infirmary (1796 Summer Street)

2:15pm - 3:15pm Group 4 tours of medical school and Dal campus

3:15pm - 3:30pm Group 4 snacks in the Tupper Medical Building Cafeteria

3:30pm - 4:30 pm Group 4 presentation at Tupper Medical Building

SAINT JOHN INTERVIEW SCHEDULE

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd, 2012

6:30pm - 8:30pm POTLUCK in DMNB lounge hosted by Med I's (100 Tucker Park Rd).

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 24th, 2012Group 1

NOTE: If you are interviewing at 9am, please arrive at the Saint John Regional Hospital at 8:15am.

9am-11am Group 1 interviews at Saint John Regional Hospital

11:15am - 12:15pm Group 1 tour of anatomy and histology lab/DMNB

12:15pm - 12:45 pm Group 1 lunch provided in the DMNB lounge

12:45pm-1:45pm Group 1 presentation in 102 teleconferenced with Halifax campus

NOTE: If you are interviewing at 12pm, please arrive at the Saint John Regional Hospital at 11:15am.

12 pm - 2 pm Group 2 interviews at Saint John Regional Hospital

2:15pm - 3:15pm Group 2 tour of anatomy and histology lab/DMNB

3:15pm - 3:30pm Group 2 snack provided in the DMNB lounge

3:30pm - 4:30 pm Group 2 presentation in 102 teleconferenced with Halifax campus

Try hitting refresh after you open the link if it is the 2011 one next time!

Thanks soo much gametime..I have no idea what is wrong ..I have tried different links, refreshing and trying to access from the beginning on the regular Dal site..Thanks for the info..Ill try a different comp. next time...I dont know..:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
I booked a room at The Westin, it's really close to campus and I got a discount by booking with Expedia.ca

Just an FYI... the Westin is about a 30 minute walk to the interview site... certainly not the closest hotel by a good margin. It is a nice place though, and you can always grab a cab. Good luck!

Archived