Premed 101 Forums

Disappointed/Can I make it?

Hey guys,

So I'm a Quebec resident. So we have 3 years of undergrad. Currently at McGill - almost completed my 1st semester of my 2nd year of a BSc. program.

Pursuing medicine was always my dream, and still is.

I'm a hard worker + excelled in high school and CEGEP. First semester of uni was also rewarding, but I really screwed up second semester, resulting in a cGPA of 3.0. I'm really disappointed, as this number is nowhere close to the cutoff Cdn med schools have.

If I do well on my upcoming final exams for this fall semester and do really well next semester, I should have a cGPA of 3.5 and higher at the end of my 2nd year.

ECAs: I've volunteered at an elderly-care center for 2 years, at a general hospital for 2 years in the ER, as a gift wrapper for the Sick Children Foundation for 3 winter seasons, and now I'm volunteering at a children's hospital. Also, I worked as a peer tutor in my CEGEP, a cashier for 9 months, and now i'm currently a part-time pharmacy technician for a specialized pharmacy. I'm working on a research paper at school that is a publication at works. I play the piano, and I'm actively involved in my church (choir, christmas production, etc).

So far, my top Med schools are McGill, McMaster, and UBC.

Do you think I still have a shot? :(

Archived