Premed 101 Forums

Studying for MCAT during classes

thelastguyin

Hi premeds

I am currently in a program that has mandatory summer coop for all summers. I was wondering how I should go about studying for the MCAT (Haven't started yet). I am in first year. Would studying during the school year possible? Should I do it over the summer with the coop placement? Kind of don't know where to start. Also, I have all the Examcrackers books, they seem to cover everything, would just that be enough?

Thank you in advance

I would study during the summer Coop term. You wouldn't want your GPA to suffer as GPA is usually more important than the MCAT in most cases.

EK is awesome for the biology section but if you don't understand something from EK Bio, check out TPR Bio. For physics, I used TPR. For chem I didn't use any book as it was review but I think EK was also good for chem. For VR, use EK for the "theory" and use everything you can possibly get your hands on for practice (EK VR 101 psgs, EK VR textbook psgs, TPR VR psgs, Kaplan psgs...etc).

Most of all remember, the MCAT is all about practice. Don't keep re-reading biology or physics textbooks to learn theory - you will learn the theory automatically through practice + you'll get used to MCAT psgs which are 99% non-memory based (i.e. all about gathering facts from the psg and using them to answer q's).

Archived