Premed 101 Forums

Any OOP applicants out there? Or applicants that seem to know admission stats?

Hey guys:)

I'm an OOP applicant. I've read a few posts lately about really needing a gpa >3.9 to be succesful... it seems like the 3.9 threshold is the magic number or something. Although, surely, not everyone above that will necessarily get in. My converted gpa is 3.89... will this give me a decent chance of an interview? Of course the sketch is important as well... but that is much more subjective in judging in a forum.

Bonus question: does anyone know when offers are sent out? I saw a post saying Jan 31st - can anyone confirm? I haven't heard anything yet...

2nd Bonus question: are there a specific number of OOP interviews alotted?

• 2 weeks later...

In the past, the cut off for an interview was 3.87 as an OOP. Once you are above the gpa cut off it is only a factor post interview when its used as a tie breaker for interview scores. My GUESS is the interview invites will go out either on the 30th or 31th. So try to relax for now.

Hey guys:)

I'm an OOP applicant. I've read a few posts lately about really needing a gpa >3.9 to be succesful... it seems like the 3.9 threshold is the magic number or something. Although, surely, not everyone above that will necessarily get in. My converted gpa is 3.89... will this give me a decent chance of an interview? Of course the sketch is important as well... but that is much more subjective in judging in a forum.

Bonus question: does anyone know when offers are sent out? I saw a post saying Jan 31st - can anyone confirm? I haven't heard anything yet...

2nd Bonus question: are there a specific number of OOP interviews alotted?

Archived