Premed 101 Forums

Which date and prep course for my situation

kingston

Okay so Im in my third year of university and I've taken pretty many courses (biology, physiology, orgo chem...) are that relevant to the MCAT, except for physics. I'll be teaching myself the physics portion this summer. I want to take a prep course because unfortunately Im worried that I wont be able to take it as serious if I don't. So when it comes to the prep course I'm not sure which one to take..... there are several things I'm looking for in a prep course:

1) I dont want the prep course to teach me material that I already know, I want a course that will coach me on how to do the MCAT, what strategies I need to use while studying and doing the test, etc...

2) if its offered at York U it would be best

3) provides lots of practice tests and feedback

4) provides the best verbal prep

I'm also not sure which date I should select for taking the prep course, and which date I should write the test. I will have from beginning of May to the end of august/early sept. I want to pick a date for the test that i'll be able to write again if I don't do well.

I know that this is a lot Im asking help with, but if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Princeton Review is structured better than Kaplan IMO since they use a teacher for every section. All of them give you the official practice exams and their own. I'd pick TPR over Kaplan. Not sure exactly how Prep101 works or if it's offered where you are, but I know people that took it with them.

Archived