Mcat: 35S-their avg is 36

CGPA: 4.0

BCPM: 4.0

All of these marks are converted to AAMCAS

Three summers of research- 1 publication

Tons of EC's-very diverse-won a uni scholarship for them in third year

anyone who has applied have an idea?

thanks!

Most people will tell you that getting an interview at Harvard, as with most Ivies, is a crapshoot, so nothing can guarantee an interview. With that said, I know people with equal ECs and worse stats that have been offered an interview. The big thing is to sell them with your personal statement.

Just based on what you have listed, to me, your non-academics (including research) doesn't seem extremely strong or anything for top-tier programs. GPA above 3.8 doesn't really matter to them and your MCAT looks fine.

Never hurts to apply though! You never know.

Assuming you are not a troll (for april fools):

You're chances are not very good. Most Ivey schools are really selective with their interviews. Its basically a lottery one you get past a certain stat. You are a bordering Ivey applicant, if you do your PS really well and early, you might get some ivey interviews. However, as far as most people are concerned, all med school (LCME accredited) are the same. Dont worry too much about getting into harvard. You will probably get in somewhere with your stats, and it won't matter too much where you go.

They want a person who's had national success in athletics while publishing a couple papers and has a long list of unique and diverse experiences... A 3.8ish GPA/mid 30s MCAT is fine. In fact a 3.70 can do it too.

Looking at Harvard specifically, no one really knows. People with 3.5s get into harvard so that tells you that nothing guarantees it (especially when 4.0s ARE rejected regularly as well).

Archived