Premed 101 Forums

Regarding WS list of examples:

Guest ComplacentTragedy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ComplacentTragedy

It's a list of twelve major categories that Princeton Review gave us... I just took them into a .doc and copy and pasted clips of stories I found in the news into them.. to get the full story, just copy and paste those examples into Google.

Yeah, lame, I know.

On a related note, anyone who has actually updated that list.. mind sending it back to me? It would be nice to see how improved its become.

poohbearalpha@hotmail.com

Guest ComplacentTragedy

Just so I don't get blasted for giving false info in .doc's...

The file is simply some examples I got off of Google news under topics that typically are addressed in WS prompts. These topics are given the TPR.

The closest thing I've put up as a sample essay is my little 'How-To-WS' at p090.ezboard.com/fpremed1...=363.topic

The sample essays found the in the Princeton and Kaplan books I found really useful - combining that with unique examples found in news.google.ca made for superfun essays. But I didn't get T, soooooo....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this is completely unnecessary, but I have a list that's been organized by subject if anyone wants it (eg. advertising, politics...). I've found it to be helpful just because it illustrates the narrow range of subjects the AAMC picks from. I'm merged it with a list of famous quotations from the Gold Standard MCAT...everyone's welcome to it. Just post your email. :)

Archived