Premed 101 Forums

Pencils on MCAT

Guest ChrisJones

Guest ChrisJones

Does anyone know if you can use the bic lead pencils? (i.e. mechanical pencils) Or does it actually have to be a wood regular pencil #2 to fill in the scantron?

Thanks for the help.

Guest Jochi1543

It'll take a bit more time/effort to use a mechanical pencil, I'd imagine. I hate pencils, especially old-school ones, but when I took SAT and TOEFL, we were told to use #2 pencils, so that's what I brought and that's what they handed out at the exam to those who hadn't brought them. Why not just follow the instructions though?

Guest ChrisJones

Thanks silverjelly, good to know.

Yeah I hadn't noticed that it says #2 on the mechanical pencil... I just prefer this kind over the regular wooden. So I'm glad to know that it worked for you last year. :)

Thanks for the input too Jochi.

I know it is a silly question but replies are always appreciated.

Guest darlaa

I asked this question of a couple friends of mine. They strongly recommended lots of yellow old school pencils because you have to make sure the little circles are completely filled in. Having a somewhat dull pencil will make this faster for you-cuts down on zen bubbling time, but may save you a bit (a tiny bit) of time that you can use on squeezing out another question.

Archived