Premed 101 Forums

Running out of time

Guest dip

Hey,

I'm totally running out of time on the practice MCATs, particularly in the physical sciences section. I'm trying to simplify calculations as much as possible (estimation, powers, units, etc), but still end up spilling over by about 10 minutes or so. Any advice?

Thanks!

Guest Jochi1543

Skip the questions that completely mistify you from the second you read them, and come back to them later when you have time. Or, if you can quickly narrow the answers down to just 2, leave it at that, and in the last 5 mins of the test, go back to those questions and make quick guesses - 50% chance is better than 25%.

Guest avenir001

Yeah skip the difficult passages and do them last...also, if you don't know how to answer a question within a few seconds after reading it, don't waste your time on it...there are plenty of easy ones that you could be doing instead.

Obviously the more you practice, the more efficient/faster you'll get, but many pple run out of time on this section...I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you use ur time efficiently to answer as many easier questions correctly as you can. Today I tried 5R physical section and even though I didn't have time to do 2 passages:( , I still ended up with a score of 11:eek which is good enuf 4 me.

Archived