Premed 101 Forums

MCAT PANIC ATTACK

Guest toothy1985

Guest toothy1985

hey, i just called up AAMC and they told me all spots in Toronto centers are full, London is gone too, Guelph too. WHAT DO I DO NOW? I am so stupid i didnt regiter for it earlier.... pLEASE HELp

Guest Jochi1543

Lovely, I expect to be in a similar situation...I haven't had $$$ to register and probably won't until late next week. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that there will be spots left at Univ of Lethbridge, where I am now - I'm sure U of Calgary is full already. I don't know what to suggest, but if you wanna write it at U of L, I'll let you crash at my place for free.:rollin

Guest Madz25

Realistically, what can you do? Try and get a spot at the centre closest to you and drive out a day or two in advance and scope out the area. If the other centres are full, they are full. Nothing you can do about that now. Hurry and get a spot in Ottawa or somewhere else in Ontario before you have no choice but to fly to Lethbridge to write it (lol sorry Jochi :P ).

OR don't write the MCAT this time. Aren't they changing it to computer-based format so you'll have several more opportunities to write it during the year? I don't know how the new system works...

Sorry if this sounded kinda harsh but that's the reality of it!

Madz

Guest citrinez

I registered for my mcat just a few days ago... but how long will it take before I know whether or not the location picks are accepted? Also, if there are no test centres in the toronto and surrounding cities available, can I contact the aamc and request to write it on sunday ( as someone mentioned), or am I stuck with Saturday now that I have already applied?

Guest The Law

Check nearby cities... Buffalo maybe?

Otherwise you'll have to accept Jochi's offer and fly to Alberta! heh :lol

But realistically, just keep checking to see if anything is available.

Guest muchdutch

but don't you have to claim religious reasons as to why you can't write it on saturday and provide some sort of verification? Or is Sunday really an option to anyone who wants to write it then?

Guest xylem33

Nah - you ask for Sunday, give them any sort of reason and I'm sure they'll let you write it...why? Because you have to pay an additional fee, $10 I think, to write it.

Guest citrinez

How do you guys all know where your test centres are? For some reason, I can't access my registration account, it says that it has already been submitted. Do you only find out once the mail you the info, or is there some way of finding out online with the reference id that they give you once your registration has been submitted?

Guest rubberoduck

last year I was thinking of re-writing my mcat and was planning to register around mid July. It was the double cohort and all the spots were filled. HOwever, when I emailed AAMC, they said they were going to add more spots to Toronto due to higher demand there. You should ask them the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darlaa

I'm writing at the Ritz-well close enough. All Guelph students got bumped (no explanation >: )to write at the Royal York in Toronto. As long as I get a mint on my scantron sheet, it'll be fine :P

I'm really glad you got a space Toothy!

Archived