Premed 101 Forums

Transcript requirement?

I applied to Mac as a 4th year undergrad who is graduating in June. Do I need to send final transcripts?

The pink sheet says I have to send it if I had <30 credits at the time of application and in that case my acceptance letter will indicate. I don't know what 30 credits means (I did 24.5 at UofT by now. But you only need 20 credits to finish a 4 year degree). I'm guessing 1 credit at Mac = 1 semester credit = 0.5 credits by UofT convention.

But long story short, it seems that they won't need my final transcripts. Can anyone confirm? It would suck if it's required but I don't send it

I applied to Mac as a 4th year undergrad who is graduating in June. Do I need to send final transcripts?

The pink sheet says I have to send it if I had <30 credits at the time of application and in that case my acceptance letter will indicate. I don't know what 30 credits means (I did 24.5 at UofT by now. But you only need 20 credits to finish a 4 year degree). I'm guessing 1 credit at Mac = 1 semester credit = 0.5 credits by UofT convention.

But long story short, it seems that they won't need my final transcripts. Can anyone confirm? It would suck if it's required but I don't send it

Each credit is equal to one half-year course so 30 credits would typically be 30 half-year courses or 15 full year courses although I'm not familiar with the U of T system and it may be different. As long as you had less than or equal to 1 year of full time study remaining on your 4 year degree when you submitted your application (and it sounds like you did) you don't need to submit another transcript.

It might give you peace of mind to just call Mac and double check the credit-conversion. But it sounds like you don't need it :).

When accepting the offer of admission, OMSAS says this

"Applicants with offers of admission who are currently attending university must request a copy of their final transcript. Applicants who attend Ontario universities must use the online TRF to order final transcripts. This can be accessed by logging on to your submitted application and clicking on the appropriate link."

I guess I could just ignore it?

Archived