Premed 101 Forums

AAMC Practice Materials = past MCAT tests?

Guest 4shattered4

Guest 4shattered4

Hey, I'm a bit confused about the AAMC "Practice Tests", i.e. 3R, ...7, 8, 9 etc. Are they exact replicates of PAST MCAT tests or are they suggested practice problems released from the AAMC? People keep telling me they're "easier", but if they're actual past exams, how can they be easier?

For anyone who has done Kaplan mock tests (full lengths), how do those compare to the real thing? Are they good practice? How about in comparison to the AAMC practice tests? Thanks!

Guest nbmom

I think the R in 3R means revised, I think it is revised to reflect the content breakdown of the mcat now....not positive at all.

I heard 3R is easier than recent mcats, but 7 , 8, etc are recent and reflective of mcats now....

I am going to write real mcats, and maybe mix up the rest ,some PR some Kaplan, and some Gold Standard, just to get a handle on different presentation of the material. I was told that it is especially important to do verbal reasoning from more than one brand.

Guest 4shattered4

Thanks nbmom! I find that I'm getting similar scores in verbal for AAMC and Kaplan, so there doesn't seem to be that much of a differnece, but not sure of the other companies. Can't seem to get my hands on any Princeton tests if I'm not taking their course.

Archived