Premed 101 Forums

examcrackers

Guest nbmom

Guest nbmom

Hey I just wanted to give my review/opinion for whatever its worth. Examcrackers books rock! I was working from the Kaplan but I ordered examcrackers physics and it is awesome it is very colorful/interesting and there are practice questions after each topic which is essential for me, I hated how there are only practice questions( aside from examples presented in the lectures) after the whole physics section. I personally need to do practice problems right away to learn a concept.

If I had to buy a big book again I would definetely go with examcrackers.

Guest Jochi1543

Thanks! I have a hard time with physics. Would you say it could also be helpful as a supplement to your regular textbook if you were to take physics? I'm taking second semester physics come August, and I'm really dreading it. I almost lynched myself in order to get a B+ in Physics I.:x

Guest nbmom

unfortunately i don't think it would be that helpful, the practice questions are much more thinking/conceptual than the plug and chug calculation questions that make up physics assignments (in my opinion, i suppose this may vary between universitys, professors and classes) also the EK doesn't go into as much depth or cover all the topics in first year physics, just what is normally on the mcat.

GOod luck with Physics!

Guest loud noises

Hey all,

I just wanted to throw in that all of the Exam Krackers books are amazing! I usually zone out after awhile of reading text books, but the EK presentation keeps you alert, with color, pictures and sometimes some random jokes.

I also bought the Audio Osmosis CD's and they're absolutely fantastic...last summer I was listening to them on work breaks and right before going to bed. They're full of corny humor, but I found that to reinforce the concepts.

And on a final note...and on a final plug for EK...I took their prep course, and it was worth every penny. Friends who took other prep courses kept commenting they were jealous of the one I was in.

Guest nbmom

I have yet to write it, I recently switched and I am finding studying alot easier!!! I am not sure if the end result will be any different between the two methods, but I feel a lot better working with the EK book.

Guest loud noises

I agree with you nbmom! I paid more attention to and enjoyed studying way more using the EK products...also, EK is more to the point, and won't load stuff on you that will not ever be tested!

Archived