Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan Course ~ Help with Writing Section?

Guest 4shattered4

Guest 4shattered4

Hi, for anyone who has taken Kaplan (or teaches it), how do they exactly help with the writing section? The other stuff looks good, but now I'm kind of regretting signing up for it considering that they don't seem to offer support for this. I know Princeton Review has the livegrader. Can you e-mail your instructor for them to look over and grade your essay? Or are there staff at the centre to do this? Thanks for the input!

Guest Melisende

I took the Kaplan course last summer of the august MCAT. We could email our instructors with our essays and they would grade it for us. Also towards the end of the course, we had one-on-one writing workshops with the instructors where you could feedback on our essays and how to improve (this happened at the Vancouver center, I don't know if they would do this at other centers).

Guest 4shattered4

Thanks for the info Melisende! Is there a limit to how many essays they will mark (i.e. I guess they wouldn't be happy if all their students sent 1/day lol)?

Guest treehuggingbiologist

I doubt it - most students don't email their essays to the instrutor. I think it all comes down to how much demand their is for it - some centers have several WS graders and if they're not that busy you can get several essays marked.

In my experience I just aimed for 4 + 4 and ended up scoring slightly better, but good enough for all the schools. Getting two 4's is easy enough, but if you're aiming higher, it comes down to having more depth in your essay.

Email whoever marks your essay and they'll let you know.

Archived