Premed 101 Forums

**Official practice scores**

Guest MedSchoolGirl2005

Guest MedSchoolGirl2005

I thought I'd start a forum so everyone can post there scores so people have a sense of the difficulty of each test. If you can list the following info...

Test type: PS; VR; BS

I'll start it off...I've been doing kinda bad on the TPR diagnostics and I know they're supposed to be significantly more difficult. And...I have to admit that I have not done a substantial amount of studying yet...

TPR 4951: PS-6; VR-8; BS-8

TPR 4921: PS-8; VR-6; BS-8 (drinking the night before!)

Guest MedSchoolGirl2005

<cough>

Has no one written tests? I know those in courses have already...

I think i'm FINALLY realizing my flaw in VR...am now scoring the equivalent of 9-10 range on the TPR practice material, which are supposed to be pretty tough. To give some perspective...this is up from a 6 that i got on the real thing (i know, thats a horrible score!)

I plan to write 4911 and 4951 in the next couple weeks....hoping for a 5 point improvement from the last tests...ultimate goal would be a 32 or above....with a min of 10 in each to meet all the current requirements....:hat

Guest MedSchoolGirl2005

I think my problem was that i was unconsciously trying to finish VR in time...rather than thinking of the accuracy.

I decided to instead do each passage with the time running up and took as much time as i needed for each passage.

With the stress off of timimg reduced....my accuracy improved and i still finished a whole verbal section in 79 minutes...well within the limits...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MedSchoolGirl2005

Previous Scores:

TPR 4951: PS-6; VR-8; BS-8 (22)

TPR 4921: PS-8; VR-6; BS-8 (22...drinking the night before!)

New Scores:

TPR 4931: PS-8; VR-7; BS-13 (28)

Verbal

EK 1- 46/60 (10...just barely)

Guest sparkle2005

With regards to how difficult TPR practice exams are... be careful about assuming they are harder. I think it's personal opinion. As well, there are other factors the day of the exam, like if the person beside you is tapping their pencil, or if you didnt sleep very well, or just the fact that you are really nervous. Especially if you are taking more than 10 minute breaks between sections. The day can be really exhausting since you have to do all 4 sections within like 8 hours or whatever. Just try your best and keep trying to improve the scores you can get!

Guest Draff

I found the TPR tests to be harder than the real thing. My reasoning is that one week in between doing the last TPR practice and the first official MCAT practice test, my scores shot up pretty significantly even though I did not prepare that much extra. (In fact, it was around then that I kind of stopped doing the extra practice questions). Since that one test, my scores were pretty consistent although they improved to a small extent.

Guest MedSchoolGirl2005

Well....i dont think that they get harder...thats not what i'm assuming.

Actually, I've heard that they get easier (either to keep the TPR guarantee or to boost confidence). I didnt find the verbal to be significantly easier but the other sections were definitely easier for 4931.

I plan to write 4911 (the first test), 4951, and 4961 to see how it goes. I've heard that 4911 and 4921 are the most difficult...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MedSchoolGirl2005

Previous Scores:

TPR 4951: PS-6; VR-8; BS-8 (22)

TPR 4921: PS-8; VR-6; BS-8 (22...drinking the night before!)

TPR 4931: PS-8; VR-7; BS-13 (28)

Verbal:

EK 1- 46/60 (10...just barely)

EK 2- 38/60 (8)...very tired

EK 3- 48/60 (10)

Archived