Premed 101 Forums

MCAT's - April vs. August

Guest mauved

Guest mauved

HI everyone,

I apologize if my question is naive or misinformed but I haven't really done this before:) Although I do have a school I would like to go to (NOMS in Thunder Bay) I have decided to try my hand at MCAT's once again just in case I do needa Plan B:) (I wrote them once a long long time ago, just to see how I did without studying - yes it wasn't a good idea:) I like to think I grew up since then:)

I am wondering about the MCAT's - I am unable to write the April one, so I will register for the August one. Now, since the due date for application to Ontario school is October 2nd or 3rd, but MCAT scores are not released until mid October, would I still be able to apply, and have AMCAS send the results to the schools when they are out? Or am I out of luck till next year?

I have received varied responses from people I know, so I will try some of you out there who seem well versed in this.

Any answer is much appreciated!

m.

Guest arjuna83

You can apply to Ontario school during the year you write the August MCATs. The only catch is that you wouldn't know the results by the time you apply, which may be disappointing if you don't make the cut-offs for certain schools (eg: Western, Queens).

Do you mean OMSAS or AMCAS? OMSAS is the Ontario medical school application service and does all the work for Ontario schools. AMCAS is the American equivalent.

Archived