Premed 101 Forums

Computer Based MCAT

Guest richmond604

Guest richmond604

has anyone taken computer based mcat? How different is it from the regular mcat? I'm planning to take the mcat for the first time in Aug...but seeing how they are chaging to computer based after Aug.......I'm not sure if I should just wait for the computer based ones......(since they claim they will be available more often and we get the results back faster)...plus i have really bad handwriting, so typing the essay would be beneficial in terms of legibility, as well as efficiency....

ps- for the computer based mcat, we are allowed to write stuff down on paper......

thx

Guest richmond604

in canada too???

if so, how would one prepare for it....??? is it any different from preparing for the paper and pen version?

Guest treehuggingbiologist

Richmond604 - its definitely different from preparing. for the pen and paper based one. You have to read off a screen - no annotating on the paper or highlighting key points, and then you have to scroll back and forth between questions and answers .. and other differences i can't think of. IF you can write the pen and paper one. It'll be most like any other exam you've written so it won't freak you out as much. I think this August you have a choice from pen/paper and CBT - afterwards its all CBT.

Archived