Premed 101 Forums

Confirmation of enrollment

Just curious as to when we'd be getting some sort of confirmation of enrollment? Need it to take out an LOC

Email Wendy asking for proof of enrolment for LOC. I did it and they emailed me back with a letter proof of enrolment within the same day. It was very smooth and quick. And also some branches (probably the RBC in Hamilton that has the med student LOC advisor) that will go ahead and email Wendy for you so if you aren't in Hamilton, then you probably don't have this option unless you tell them to email Wendy for you.

And for those above who said its not needed, its actually needed by some bank branches depending on the city. Even those branches that traditionally handle LOCs are now asking for proof of enrolment, which is fine for us Mac students since Mac provides it promptly. Its only UofT (I think) that doesn't provide this proof so they have to find a branch that doesn't have this requirement.

Email Wendy asking for proof of enrolment for LOC. I did it and they emailed me back with a letter proof of enrolment within the same day. It was very smooth and quick. And also some branches (probably the RBC in Hamilton that has the med student LOC advisor) that will go ahead and email Wendy for you so if you aren't in Hamilton, then you probably don't have this option unless you tell them to email Wendy for you.

And for those above who said its not needed, its actually needed by some bank branches depending on the city. Even those branches that traditionally handle LOCs are now asking for proof of enrolment, which is fine for us Mac students since Mac provides it promptly. Its only UofT (I think) that doesn't provide this proof so they have to find a branch that doesn't have this requirement.

I didn't say it's not needed. I said that my bank (Scotiabank at Hamilton) accepted my offer of admission + proof that I paid the deposit as a proof of enrolment.

• 10 months later...

Is it worth it to travel to the banks in Hamilton in person? And to hit up each of the banks we would consider going with, to see which would offer a better plan + better perks?

Or are they unlikely to alter their set plans ever, and it makes more sense just to e-mail them each for info and just go to any affiliated branch anywhere to complete the paperwork once decided?

Hope that question makes sense.

Archived