Premed 101 Forums

Med Shcool Application seminar

Guest mcatprep

Guest mcatprep

Hi,

I received a flyer today at UofT for a Med School Application seminar given by Dr. Brett L. Ferdinand, author of the Gold Standard MCAT and the Silver Bullet.

I was wondering if anyone ever went to one of his seminar, it seems to be worth it. (40$ plus course material, journal and Black Book.)

He seems to be doing the seminar in many unversity through Ontario all of next week (Feb.10 to Feb.14)

Please, any info will be appreciate.

M.

Guest mcatprep

U of Toronto

Sunday February 12, 2006

9am to 12pm

Medical Sciences Building, room 3163

St-Georges Campus

There are also others at Concordia, Ottawa, Queen's, McMaster, Western, Guelph and Waterloo.

Guest treehuggingbiologist

I know I found his book somewhat useful. He summarises a lot of stuff, but much of it is stuff you already know. I'm not sure if i'd recommend doing it to be honest - if it conflicts with a midterm or anything, don't do it. If you have $40 to spend, then its kinda worth it.

I found I got the same advice (sometimes even better) from my Kaplan advisors, as they got to know me personally and so could advise me more based on me as a person rather than some dude saying "high grades = good"

Guest mcatprep

I went, it was very good, well done. Dr.Ferdinand is a very good speaker and he makes things very clean.

He's been on admission comitee of many Ontario universities and tells us about the particular requirements for each one, plenty of valuable tips and tricks. Too bad though it was short.

I hear he will be giving a free MCAT admission clinic at UofT in March. Definatly worth checking it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest treehuggingbiologist
How'd u get kaplan advisors?

When i did the MCAT prep course with Kaplan, the teachers were very helpful and because a lot of them had either just gotten in, or applied the year before, they knew all the new regulations and stuff also.

Archived