Premed 101 Forums

Teaching MCAT courses

Guest eldave

Guest eldave

Does anyone have experience with teaching MCAT courses? I did pretty well on the MCAT and think that teaching would be a good job. I was wondering which companies I should apply to, and who is best to work for, what the application process is like etc. I did a quick search of the site and could not find any info. Any help is much appreciated.

David

Guest Gavanshir

From what I hear, volunteering your teaching services is a good idea before actually teaching at a prep course to students. So if you live in the Montreal area, send me an email and we'll arrange for you to gain some experience by tutoring me :)

smossaded@gmail.com

Guest geekpunk

If anyone in HALIFAX is looking for an MCAT tutor, I'd love to be that guy ;) .

I'm not sure if I'd be ready to teach an entire class. It'd be pretty intimidating for me. :(

Guest Yangzie

i think they call you if they like ur mcat scores directly...for science teachers u usually need to have scored 12 or higher in the section u're teaching. that's wat i heard. for VR its diff. cuz they have a hard time gettin good vr teachers--high in demand.

hello,

i have taught for prep courses. contact the prep course you would like to teach for and pick a subject you feel confident in. the pay is good and you need to get at least a 10 to teach. Prior experience is better. you have to undergo some training which is paid by them. good luck.

• 1 month later...

I once heard you needed to be in the 90th percentile for the section you wanted to teach but I have no idea if that is true. I do believe that they are more lenient about scores in cities where they are more desperate for teachers.

Guest treehuggingbiologist

You need to be in the 90th percentile, but if you want to teach, you can redo the test under their conditions. Contact the school you'd be interested to teach with and they can help you out. You need a 10+ though and i'm guessing overall a 30 or higher.

Archived