Premed 101 Forums

MCAT as a flag?

Guest pinkbonkers

Guest pinkbonkers

hey guys,

are MCATs in Canada looked upon as a flag? I made a 29Q with 9P 9V 11B, but after reading about the 35s on the board has made me feel a bit insecure.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jeesing

I would not worry about all the high scores you are reading about. Many people do not post up their scores here and sometimes reading about these high scores may be daunting and ppl with lower scores may not want to put them up.

29Q is a pretty competitive score for most schools, a bit lower than the average acceptance for most schools. But your scores are nothing that would raise flags at most schools because it is a well balanced scores. Some schools require a minimum in all 3 sections, but the lowest requirement i have seen so far is 9(queens). Each school is different and weight MCAT differently. U of BC do not weight MCAT very heavily and focus more on GPA and extracurriculars. Where as Other schools have minimum MCAT scores for application ie Queens with a minimum MCAt of around 32 O and a 3.6-3.7 GPA required. I would research each individual school you are thinking of applying at. Your MCAT scores may eliminate your from contention from certain schools, but it should be competetive for many other schools. MCAT is not heavily weighted in most schools, some times the MCAT is not even required, ie McMaster and Ottawa, so a good interview and gpa can make all the difference.

Archived