Premed 101 Forums

How many times can the MCAT be written?

Guest Vara12

Hey guys, I was wondering abt the number of times one can write the MCAT and still have a chance of getting in--for those of U in meds, have U met ppl who've written it more than once?twice? three times?? Also, is the Apr06 MCAT going to be on pc or paper? Pls respond. Thanx!

This is taken from the MCAT FAQ from the AAMC website:

I have taken the MCAT three times already. Do I need special permission to take the test again?

You must apply for special permission to take the MCAT if you have attended three or more MCAT administrations since 1977 (whether or not the test was completed and/or answer documents were voided). Individuals who sit for the MCAT should be preparing to apply to a health professions school.

Your request should include evidence of intent to apply to a health professions school (e.g., a completed application, letter of rejection, or letter from a medical school or advisor), which must accompany the registration materials. This documentation is required each time you wish to retest.

Madz

Guest sweet caroline

I was told that you would be able to write the MCAT more than 3 times as long as you show AAMC that you are actually applying to med schools and it is your MCAT score that is preventing you from getting accepted. They just don't want people continually writing the MCAT and not doing anything with it.

Archived