Premed 101 Forums

MCAT scores & OMSAS

Guest nostalg

Guest nostalg

I just checked my omsas application, to see if my mcat scores have been received (I sent them the night they came out, the 13th of october).

On the aamc website it says pending, but the omsas changed the blurb under "mcat scores" from PENDING to NOT RECEIVED.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm sort of getting anxious as I do not want my application (to 5 schools!) to go to waste over something like this.

Guest RedPotato

Hello Nostalg,

I am in the exact same situation as you... I'm betting there are hundreds of people out there in the same boat, so don't be too worried! But I do wonder if there's something wrong with the AAMC Thx system... hhhmm... ?

RP

Guest dayne67

I released my scores on the 14th (around noon). However, it says at OMSAS that they were "not received".

When I go to THx and look at whether my scores have been received by OMSAS, it says "pending".

I don't really know what's going on. I hope my applications aren't nullified as a result of this glitch.

Guest Yangzie

I'm in exact same status as you guys. Not received and pending

and one of my references is still outstanding. I'm getting a bit anxious...

and my reference is on vacation for 10 days. can things be any worse.

Guest arjuna83

hmm are your names (first name, middle names/ order of names etc.) that appear on OMSAS and AAMC different? maybe they cannot match up the scores to your files...

In anycase, I doubt your applications would get rejected. You can always show them evidence that you released the scores through AAMC in time. I suggest that you call or e-mail them if the status doesn't change by Monday.

Guest geekpunk

Same, not received and pending on Thx system!

I think we're worrying for nothing though. I'm sure OMSAS knows that August MCATers could have only released scores on October 14th and all of our requests are processing or in queue to be processed.

Guest nostalg

no, not yet...nothing has changed on either the aamc or omsas website for me.

I sent an email to omsas about this, and will let you know what they say when they reply.

Guest RedPotato

Hello everyone,

I talked to a nice lady from OMSAS today who said that they haven't requested to receive our scores yet... I don't really understand what this means (since it seems that some students, like arjuna83, have "MCAT received")... nevertheless she says everything should be fixed by the end of this week/early next week; if not, give them a call, but give them a few days to process

RP

Oops, I should've read the forum before I phoned OMSAS. The nice lady on the other end told me that the MCAT results should be processsed by Friday.

As for outstanding references, they've processed all of them up until Sept 14th. I believe one of my letters was lost in the mail, since my reference sent it Sept 29th! Anyways, I was advised to have my reference send a second letter.

Guest Yangzie

what i'm thinking is that some of the people released their previous mcat scores...however the ppl who just wrote it this august are getting delayed this time around for some reason

aamc is not very helpful at returning my emails. i'm not impressed.

and it looks like i have to resend my reference letter too...hopefully med scoos won't care that it arrived way past the not so strict Oct. 3rd deadline. I have a feeling they won't really care.

Archived