Premed 101 Forums

Scores are up!!

Guest nostalg

Guest Melisende

Hey GundamDX,

I got an 11 on my VR and English is my third language. I practiced, praticed, and practiced VR. I think that is what made the difference. Good luck to everyone who is applying!

Guest McGillMedWannabe

hi,

im in the same situation. gret overall score but 7 on VR! :(

im still applying but i'm lucky since im a quebec resident applying to mcgill

Guest Jeesing

35Q

PS- 13

VR- 10

BS- 12

Congrats to everyone, expecially UBCstu, and stevieboy those are some amazing scores you have. I improved from a 28M, so u guys can do it too.

Guest Laurabest

Jeesing, what did you do to increase you score from 28M to 35? What did you do different this time around, if you don't mind my asking. I also got a 28Q this year and am thinking if it's possible to even improve.

Guest Jeesing

Laura, I focused mainly on VR because it was my weakest section using the Kaplan and Exam crackers and that really helped me to read the passages in all the sections quicker and understand them better. I tried to get a good understanding of the passages in the sciences because i found that often on questions i had no idea about, there were often some information or hints that helped me narrow down the choices. Also just lots of practice and studying the kaplan books. I tried to study the most on frequent topics so i could just speed by them when they came by, like the E=hf stuff. My strategy was to start off by doing a section and then marking it one a time until i felt comfortable doing a full length. Hope this helps.

Guest Yangzie

One way to tackle MCATs is NOT to think of it as an aptitude test. Once you think down that path you'll start doubting your intellectual capabilities. Rather, just keep telling yourself that you haven't covered the material properly or thoroughly enough.

This way, you'll naturally get better at the questions...and chances are you'll see some very similar questions on the real thing since you've covered almost every possiblity on your practices!

But for me, verbal was a coin toss...i was scoring on the cutoff line. So i resorted to praying.

Archived