Premed 101 Forums

Official August '05 Post-MCAT Thread

Guest Jixe

Guest arjuna83

potential md, this might be a serious problem. At my exam centre, the supervisor asked us to make sure we had the same test form throughout the test (physical sci, verbal and bio; the writing sample was different). Infact he stressed this throughout the day, and made us write down our test form on the admission ticket so that we wouldn't forget it.

I suggest you contact the MCAT office and see what's going on.

Guest frenchfrog

Not to cause panic or anything...

But at my exam centre, the supervisor also made us

write our test code on our admission ticket so as to

always make sure we were receiving the same test forms for each section.

It seemed to be important to have the same test code because the supervisor was all flustered when the test booklets were out of order and people were getting the wrong form. He had to pick all the tests up and he had to redistribute them properly.

I wrote at the U of S....I dont know if arjuna83 was there too.

Guest leviathan

Ditto, the supervisor for my test made us write our test form down on our admission ticket, and then double-check that we had the same form for each section...I would defintiely call right aways and get this issue resolved.

Guest Fishy0118

Same here ... the supervisor even checked to see if we have our test form code written down on our admission ticket ...

I had AG (I think ... my mind just gone blank after the exam and it's been like that for 2 days now =P) ... and I think the Bio is less physiology inclined ... and more on experiments. The only good thing is that there is minimal orgo. I am an electrical engineer and I never had orgo before =P

The verbal was generally comparable to the AAMC tests that I've done, except that passage about the nature ... I was literally *stuck* there ... which I shouldn't. Oh well, I am glad it's over now =)

Guest Paulchemguy

Hello,

I also had different forms for Physical, Verbal and Bio, everyone of them. So don't worry, you're not the only one.

One of the procters actually asked the other procter whether it's alright to have different forms for different sections and the other procter sounded quite certain that it's alrite.

Guest Saberial

Hrmm, I'm fairly certain that you should have the same form letters for all your sections. It was specifically mentioned in the proctor's manual, which I assume is the same across North America. I wrote mine in Calgary, and the matching of our form letters was stressed at the beginning of each section except for the writing sample.

As the previous posters mentioned, my proctor also made us write our test form letters on the admission ticket to make sure it matched through the three sections (PS, VR, and BS).

Guest potential md

Well, at least we had to write the test form on each answer sheet document so hopefully they'll use that to mark them. I have sent an email off to the MCAT people to see what they tell me (because everyone in my test room would be in the same boat).

Yikes! I thought it was a little strange that the proctor didn't have us write subsequent test form numbers on our admissions ticket (only PS) but the exam instructions were so thorough and I thought my proctor seemed to know what he was doing so I didn't ask. I'll let you know what the AAMC people say.

Guest potential md

Hi there,

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the reassuring reply from AAMC re different forms of the exam administered at UBC. This is what they said:

"Thank you for letting us know. We are aware that several students at your test site had mixed forms for the exam. We will ensure that your exam is scored correctly.

Thank you,

MCAT Program Office

PO Box 4056

Iowa City IA 52243-4056

319-337-1357

8:30 to 5:00 CST"

I'd recommend if there is anyone at a non-UBC test site that had the same experience, you should contact them and let them know.

Hey potential md,

Wow, I just about nearly had a heart attack when I read other peoples posts. I also wrote at UBC and my tests forms were all different as well. Are they going to correct the situation for everyone who wrote at UBC? Or do we have to let them know individually?

Thanks.

Guest jonascarter

I had form AG.

PS - Nice and simple, about the same diffuculty as AAMC practice tests. A lot easier than Kaplan.

VR - Ouch. Two passages with lots of questions. One of those passages, the one about some author going off to the wilderness to find God - I totally did not get. I'm very worried about this section. It's disheartening, considering that in practice, my lowest score was a 9. I think that this time I got lower than that.

WS - Same prompts as above. Not really a problem.

BS - Maybe a little bit more difficult than AAMC practice materials, but still manageable. Not that worried about this section.

Guest potential md

Hi Snew,

No, since you wrote at UBC, I wouldn't worry about it because they don't know what room I wrote in or anything so they're going to have to sift through all of the UBC tests to make sure they account for different forms per section. Sounds like several of the proctors at our site got mixed up on that one...

Guest Elaine I

We get the results mid-October. Whether or not you get to see your results prior to applying to med school depends on the application deadlines of the schools you are applying to. The deadline for all Ontario schools is October 1, so you have to applying prior to knowing your MCAT scores. Dalhousie and Calgary, for example, have deadlines after the marks are released.

Elaine

Archived