Premed 101 Forums

Form F stands for f***ing unfair

Guest mcatsucks

Guest mcatsucks

Come on all u form Fers. How can they say that verbal was fair...very unreadable and impossible....How can thaat befair when other forms say they were just like the practices and this was soooo bad

Keep in mind that it is actually preferable to have a tough verbal section. You can get more wrong and still come out with a very high mark.

I felt like many of you after writing the MCAT in 2003. I didn't finish verbal and had major difficulty understanding most of the passages. I was sure I'd get around an 8 and would be rewriting the following summer. However, since it actually was a tough verbal section (and not just me) I ended up scoring a 12.

Keep your chins up. There is no way to anticipate how you actually did since it really depends on how everyone else writing your test version did. Congrats to everyone for finishing the day and try your best to enjoy the rest of the summer. :)

Guest pinkbonkers

hey,

i had form FM too...and what a form it was! I thought PS was doable, some tough optics questions. Verbal was UNBELIEVABLE...I felt like I was blindly guessing on some many of them! What was up with that passage in International relations or something???!

Also, I found BS to be tougher than any other exams...Had some really tricky passages on the heart, microbiology, immunization, milkweed @#%$. What did you guys think of BS?

Guest dayne67

I had form FK. Verbal did not seem that bad in comparison to last year's MACT verbal. I though the verbal I got last year was really difficult. Verbal is not my strong suit and I ended up with a 7.

I actually got to all the passages this time around, which is rare for me. Though, my mark will depend on the curve. A somewhat easiar verbal section means that only a few right answers will seperate an 8 from a 10 or 11. I want a 10.

Physical Sciences oddly was mostly chemistry. I think there were only maybe 3 physics passages. It was definitely harder than any of the practice AAMC physical science sections. It was on par with the Kaplan physical science sections.

Biological Sciences was filled with molecular biology (i.e. genetics, immunology, diseases), two passages on physiology, and a larger than normal amount of organic chem passages. Overall, the section was again more difficult than any of the AAMC practice materials.

Archived