Premed 101 Forums

Got assigned to second choice

Guest Fishy0118

Guest Fishy0118

Hello ...

This is more of a mini-rant than a question. In my MCAT application, I chose Ottawa as my first choice (I live in Ottawa ... ) and Kingston as my second. I put in the second choice "just in case". I applied before the early-bird deadline and still got assigned to my second choice. Guess now I have to travel to Kingston the night before and spend a nite at the hotel :\

Anyone here has similar experience?

Regards,

Fishy

I know a lot of people who wanted to write in Kingston who ended up getting their second choices of Ottawa or Toronto. I know the AAMC has been having a tough time accomodating everyone (just in terms of numbers) so far this year.

It's annoying to have to travel, but you can always still contact them and see if a spot opens up for you in Ottawa. Either way, don't let it be too much of a stressor for you...that will only hurt you on test day.

Good luck!

Guest PerfectMoment

i got my no choice! at least it was in my city though, would have sucked if i would have had to travel down to brandon, mb.

Guest circusgirl

yup, I'm in the same boat as you- I got my no choice too, but I'm lucky I don't have to travel. They should really ask you for more than your top 2 choices.

cg

Archived