Premed 101 Forums

tips on studying outside of the prep course time

Guest s sadry

Guest s sadry

hello i'm planning to take the PR course...

i was wondering for those who have taken it, and got the most out of it, how much time did you have to put in OUTSIDE of class on a weekly or daily basis.

do you have any recommendations... i'm very busy with a full time job and a half course in the summer...so i need to know how to maximize my limited time.

i figure that the prep course alone won't be sufficient, so what should i be doing OUTSIDE of the course? are doing the readings prior to the PR classes very useful?

any tips would be appreciated :)

Guest Madz25

In my opinion, the PR course (which I also took) on its own is not enough. Reading the material before class doesn't make much of a difference.

I did a lot of extra practice on my own time. You have to find your weakness (verbal was mine) and really work hard to improve it. I bought the Examkrackers 101 VR Passages and worked through that in addition to all the VR practice material that PR provides. I also bought the Kaplan comprehensive review book and worked through that since there were some topics that didn't overlap.

PR does provide TONS of practice material. Try to work through it on a regular basis rather than leaving it all until 2 weeks before the exam!

Good luck :)

Madz

Guest s sadry

thank you :)

has anyone else had a really busy summer before the MCAT?? any suggestions??

i'm kind of worried because the examination time for my half course (organic chm 2nd half) is from august 15-19...and the MCAT is on the 20th. just hoping my chm exam isn't on the 19th

i'm sure many ppl have this probably for the april MCAT though as its in hte middle of the exam period, so i'm sure its manageable.

i'm hoping the organic chm material will only help my MCAT score and not hinder it :)

Guest Jixe

s_sadry,

I am sure your professor would not object if you offered to write the final exam at an earlier time seeing as though you are writing the August sitting of the MCAT.

How far are you guys in studying? I'll be starting this Monday.

Archived