Premed 101 Forums

Which should I take?

Guest leviathan

Guest leviathan

I'd like some advice from you out there who have tried the PR , EK, Kaplan, or GS books. I'm writing the MCAT this August, and I am already pretty confident in my knowledge-base for everything, except I need to learn a few topics in Physics, as well as some Organic Chem. Which review book would be the best to take if I need to still learn some of the material?

Thanks for any help. :)

Guest purplefairy13

Take physics and organic chem as actual courses...at least then you get credit! ;)

Given, these courses will be more in depth than you actually need for the MCAT. As for review courses, I've heard good things about Kaplan and Princeton Reveiw. Personally, I just studied on my own (ok, with a friend who was taking princeton review...:o ). Interestingly enough, we ended up getting the same total scores....

Guest leviathan

I'd love to take more physics, but I hate it. I'd also love to take more organic, and I'm doing that in the fall. But the MCAT is in August.

Anyone know which is the best book if you need to learn some of the material for the first time???

Guest fizzicyst

Ditto on Kaplan (I took the full prep course)... I would also borrow a 1st year physics text from someone and use it as a reference. The Kaplan book gives you a really good idea of WHAT is on the test/how it is tested but they (and most MCAT prep books) generally assume you've seen the material before, so use the text (with nice colour picture, etc) as a supplement.

Archived