Premed 101 Forums

Examcrackers good?

Guest HenryTheBig

Guest HenryTheBig

Hey guys,

I know that the examcrackers 101 verbal passages is pretty good for the verbal section. But is their stuff good for the other sections as well?

HenryTheBig

Guest PerfectMoment

I've the complete package, but I only started reading it a week ago. However, from the research that I've done with it, I've heard few complaints about it. There seems to be quite a bit of praise for it. As well, after having looked over the Kaplan comprehensive book, I can safely say that they put in TONS of useless stuff, and don't seem to tell what is or is not relevant for the MCAT, they just plop down a bunch of stuff and expect you to know it? I also glanced at the TPR book, and quickly closed it cause the paper quality was absolute garbage... I could see myself accidentally tearing out half of the pages. The one drawback with the Examkrackers is that they sorta just give you relevant formulas and expect you to fill in the pieces, which isn't to say that they don't do a good job of explaining things - cause they do, but it's not called a review book for nothing. As an example, they give the formula for determining maximum height for projectile motion, but did not go over how that was obtained. This is why I would suggest also having your first year textbooks handy, cause they will be really helpful to fill in the pieces.

Again, I can't really speak for the other material, but from what I gather, Examkrackers + first year texts should be sufficient for review.

It's expensive, which sorta sucks. I'm sure you can pick one up from Ebay. Or if you wanna be a little more safe, I would suggest getting it from Ebay.com. The exchange rate will work in your favor. I think I bought mine for $99 american, which converted to something like $125 CDN. If I had bought from the canadian site, It would have been something like $150 CDN.

Archived