Premed 101 Forums

When is it worth it to retake the MCAT?

Nietzschean Superman

i like the flowchart in the "what are my chances" sticky for this. i'd say 10s across the board are pretty solid. an 11 in verbal seems to open up a solid number of doors though... disagreement/contradictions welcome.

+1

Although a long time ago (early 90s) the cumulative MCAT cutoff for Queens was 32 with at least 9/9/9/Q for each section. Although this doesn't appear to be the case for at least the 5 years. For American schools, the higher the better.

+1

Although a long time ago (early 90s) the cumulative MCAT cutoff for Queens was 32 with at least 9/9/9/Q for each section. Although this doesn't appear to be the case for at least the 5 years. For American schools, the higher the better.

I just got my mcat results recently, I scored a 9/11/14. I'm happy with bio and verbal but the physical sciences was way off, I was scoring 12+ on all the aamc practice tests for physical but on the actual test I found the material a lot more challenging. a 9 is sitting right on the cut off and I was wondering if it was worth it to retake it?

Archived