Premed 101 Forums

Honest advice needed

orangutan

I took the MCAT last year after 3 weeks of study just for a try (because I knew I'd have next summer) and got a 31 and felt cocky.

PS 10 BS 10 VR 11

I was planning to do it again, and registered for the end of this week, since I thought I would do way better the second time (to compensate for my less-than-stellar record otherwise)-- for entry in 2014 in med. But I had to work full-time over the summer to pay for school and was forced to take courses to finish my degree in time. Bad strategy etc.

Needless to say I've only had 1.5 weeks of studying and my score today was:

PS 9 BS 9 VR 11

I am really really really frustrated and upset because I know I can do better. I hate that I'm going to be judged with the score where I barely tried, but I don't want to **** things up either. :( Should I give up at this point or just push as hard as I can this week and do the test at the end of the week? :confused:

I took the MCAT last year after 3 weeks of study just for a try (because I knew I'd have next summer) and got a 31 and felt cocky.

PS 10 BS 10 VR 11

I was planning to do it again, and registered for the end of this week, since I thought I would do way better the second time (to compensate for my less-than-stellar record otherwise)-- for entry in 2014 in med. But I had to work full-time over the summer to pay for school and was forced to take courses to finish my degree in time. Bad strategy etc.

Needless to say I've only had 1.5 weeks of studying and my score today was:

PS 9 BS 9 VR 11

I am really really really frustrated and upset because I know I can do better. I hate that I'm going to be judged with the score where I barely tried, but I don't want to **** things up either. :( Should I give up at this point or just push as hard as I can this week and do the test at the end of the week? :confused:

Why are you determined to do it again? Your first score is fine and your verbal is 11 which keeps you in the running for Western and Queens and gives you a good shot at Mac (given decent casper and gpa)

Why are you determined to do it again? Your first score is fine and your verbal is 11 which keeps you in the running for Western and Queens and gives you a good shot at Mac (given decent casper and gpa)

I had a **** first degree, in which I did all the pre-reqs as part of my regular program (****tily), before actually deciding I wanted to do med school. I did a second degree and got a great GPA, but those damn pre-reqs are still on my record. I wanted to prove that I could've done better on those pre-reqs had I been the person I am now, but it's not looking so well :(

I guess no use really, no way I can pull up from ~30 in four days short of Jesus doing my MCAT for me.

Archived