Premed 101 Forums

ABS - French or English?

Does it look better if I write my ABS in French if I'm applying to the French stream?

I am not sure if it does, but I am sure that people have written their ABS in English and been accepted to the French stream.You might be surprised by the varying level of french comprehension found in that particular stream.

I am not sure if it does, but I am sure that people have written their ABS in English and been accepted to the French stream.You might be surprised by the varying level of french comprehension found in that particular stream.

What do you mean by varying levels of French comprehension? Are most people Francophone or are there people whose French is shaky?

What do you mean by varying levels of French comprehension? Are most people Francophone or are there people whose French is shaky?

I don't know any other way to put it.

Some people are French first and English second, whereas, others have a much more cursory knowledge level. (i.e. might get lost in lectures because they can't understand all the French)

But that is to be expected. It is highly likely that people in the latter category will be able to pick it up and be well versed by the end of the first month since the are constantly using the language.

Archived